GIYANI- SANPARKS STRIKE TO CONTINUE TODAY

IMG-20170727-WA0000

Photo by Otto Ngobeni

By: Otto Ngobeni
news.giyaniview@mailbox.co.za

LIMPOPO – The South African National Parks (SANPARKS) workers under Health & Other Services Personnel Trade Union of South Africa (HOSPERSA), are continuing with their strike that was suspended last week Friday ,21st of July 2017.

The motive behind this strike is salary increment, workers says they won’t settle for anything less than 7.5% .

The strike was suspended after a session facilitated by Commission for Conciliation, Mediation and Arbitration (CCMA) between SANParks management and HOSPERSA, where both parties agreed to suspend the strike until Monday, 24th of July 2017.

CCMA requested both parties to go back to negotiation table and revert with a solution no later than Monday, 24th of July 2017.

SANParks management thanked CCMA in it’s effort to try and continue to solve the impasse.

Striking employees include field rangers, field guides & petrol attendants at the Kruger National Park (KNP) , Mapungubwe and other parks within the country.

Kruger National Park spokesperson William Mabasa confirmed the strike is on and that it commenced last night, the 26th of July 2017.

“The strike is currently on and only small group of people who are chanting whereas majority are working as usual” said Mabasa

He went on and assured residents that the situation is normal and everyone is welcome to visit the parks.

“The protesters are marching peacefully and no violence has been reported.” concluded Mabasa

However,SANParks management says it has revised its offer to 6.1% plus 1 percent pay progression to all qualifying employees, which totals to 7.1%.

Edited by Rhandzu Hlungwane

Advertisements