By Robert Maswanganyi
Polokwane- It has been reported earlier that 23 learners from Bosele School for the blind in the Sekhukhune area were hospitalised after 23 cases of food poisoning were reported, 19 were treated for diarrhoea while 4 were also vomiting.
A team comprised of environmental health practitioners and public Health have been dispatched to Bosele school for the blind by the department of health in Limpopo to work with school authorities to try and avoid such cases in future.
Spokesperson of the department of education in Limpopo Sam Makondo confirmed that all learners were treated and released the same day.
“All learners are back at school. Investigations into the matter is ongoing as to what could have led to this incident, we are working with the department of health,” says Makondo.